Job Opening – Live Events Manager
Townsquare Media in Killeen/Temple is looking for a Live Events Manager to join our team.
About Townsquare Media
Townsquare Media is a local media and entertainment company that owns and operates radio, digital and live event properties in 66 small to mid-sized markets across the country. The Company specializes in creating and distributing original entertainment, music and lifestyle content. Its assets include 312 radio stations, over 325 local companion websites with streaming capabilities, a streaming radio App called “radioPup” for iOS and Android, and approximately 500 live events. Our national business owns and operates leading music and entertainment-focused digital properties including TasteofCountry.com, PopCrush.com, Loudwire.com, and ScreenCrush.com; several leading multi-day music festivals, including Mountain Jam and the Taste of Country Music Festival; a digital advertising network which reaches over 60 million unique visitors monthly; and a marketing services business which provides a turnkey web presence for small and medium-sized businesses. Funds managed by Oaktree Capital Management are the Company’s largest equity holder.
More information is available at: www.townsquaremediagroup.com.
The Live Events Manager will be the point person for all aspects of Townsquare’s live events business in Killeen/Temple, TX and will be involved in all aspects of each show/event.
The position will be responsible for the following:
- Primary point of contact and leadership for each event in Killeen/Temple, responsible for creating and driving revenue, and managing expenses
- Deep familiarity with Killeen/Temple and our products, including broadcasting, commerce, and digital marketing assets
- Lead role on in-house planning and logistics for each event: creating and managing timelines and assigning responsibilities among local staff
- Working with local sales force to drive vendor solicitation, booth sales, and sponsorship sales
- Working with local programming team to drive and promote ticket sales – responsible for creating and implementing marketing plans for each major event
- Logistics management, including travel and catering
- Availability to work weekends as needed
- New business development – sourcing, identifying and capitalizing on opportunities for organic growth or through acquisition of existing live event properties
- Idea generation and implementation
The position will report to the VP/General Manager of Killeen/Temple, as well as to the corporate regional Live Events Vice President, who is based in Connecticut.
Ideal candidates will possess one or more of the following:
- 3-7 years of experience in live event production (either from an agency, venue, production company, or tour/concert promoter)
- Deep familiarity with MS Office suite products (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, etc.)
- Basic financial accounting skills (to build event by event pro forma financials)
- Existing relationships with local agencies and venues
- Familiarity with cost management and show settlement procedures
- Some production oversight experience (staging, sound & lights, pipe & drape)
- Eagerness to work hard, learn, and be part of a growing and fast-moving live events team with upward mobility for successful employees
To be commensurate with experience.
Please contact Market Manager Bourdon Wooten with inquiries or resumes.