Job Opening: Assistant Business Manager
About Townsquare Media
Townsquare Media is a local media and entertainment company that owns and operates radio, digital and live event properties in 66 small to mid-sized markets across the country. The Company specializes in creating and distributing original entertainment, music and lifestyle content. Its assets include 312 radio stations, over 325 local companion websites with streaming capabilities, a streaming radio App called “radioPup” for iOS and Android, and approximately 500 live events. Our national business owns and operates leading music and entertainment-focused digital properties including TasteofCountry.com, PopCrush.com, Loudwire.com, and ScreenCrush.com; several leading multi-day music festivals, including Mountain Jam and the Taste of Country Music Festival; a digital advertising network which reaches over 60 million unique visitors monthly; and a marketing services business which provides a turnkey web presence for small and medium-sized businesses. Funds managed by Oaktree Capital Management are the Company’s largest equity holder.
More information is available at: www.townsquaremediagroup.com.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Processes and reviews account payables, cash receipts, credit applications, trade, accounts receivable and billing activity
- Ensures all financial deadlines and due dates are met in a timely manner
- Prepares sales/tax use spreadsheet and filing sales tax forms with the state each month or quarter as needed
- Maintains personnel files, ensuring all files are updated properly
- Approves traffic orders on a daily basis
- Processes daily revenue reports for management
- Analyzes and organizes office operations and procedures such as, personnel, information management, filing systems, requisition of supplies, and other clerical services
- Maximizes office productivity through proficient use of appropriate software applications
- Maintains contact with customers and outside vendors
- Audits invoices and researches discrepancies
- Processes employment applications and assists in other employment activities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
BA/BS in Accounting or Finance preferred; 1-2 years accounting experience preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports and business correspondence. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and the general public.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Word, Excel and Outlook; Internet, Accounting and Database software. Great Plains experience is preferred but not required.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
TOWNSQUARE MEDIA BROADCASTING, LLC MAINTAINS A DRUG-FREE WORKPLACE AND IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. APPLICANTS MUST BE ELIGIBLE TO WORK IN THE U.S.